Thursday, November 1, 2012

Lady Gaga sheds light on G.U.Y.


Lady Gaga has shed light on the true meaning behind her new ARTPOP song G.U.Y.
The songstress was interviewed by UK magazine Stylist recently.
The publication asked the star whether she believed 'makeup and feminism [could] ever truly be friends?'
Gaga's answer sent fans and critics into a spin.
"I actually think there's a new feminism that is completely different and I don't think either is better or worse... as a new-age feminist, I would say I quite like the transference of strength I feel by submitting to a man, being under him," she replied. "I actually wrote a song about it on my album, it's called 'G.U.Y,' and it stands for 'Go Under You.' "
Gaga declared that Stylist made a mistake.
'Go Under You' is not what the G.U.Y. acronym stands for.
"They got the title wrong," Gaga wrote on her website LittleMonsters.com.
'It's G.U.Y (Girl Under You)."
The star also made it clear that the single was produced by Zedd.
Gaga did not reveal what volume of ARTPOP she is planning to release G.U.Y. on.

No comments:

Post a Comment