Tuesday, November 13, 2012


Rihanna gets seal of approval for Pony cover


Rihanna's cover of Nineties worldwide chart-topper Pony has the original artist who recorded it on the edge of his seat.
R&B singer Ginuwine catapulted to the top of worldwide music charts thanks to the raunchy dance hit.
Rihanna samples the chorus in Jump, one of the tracks on her forthcoming album, Unapologetic.
When he got the call about her using the song, Ginuwine jumped on board, he told MTV News.
"You know what? My management told me she wanted to use it, and Rihanna, I'm a fan of hers and I love what she's doing. Anytime someone uses anything that I've done in the past, that's just one of those things where the respect is there and I can appreciate that and it was a great song and still is," he said.
The singer says he's 'anxious' to hear what Rihanna has done to the track, about a man's sexual prowess.
He's also keen to revive his career and take the stage with the 24-year-old pop star.
'I've always watched her. do her thing. So hopefully, one day, it will happen and if it don't that's cool too,' he said.
Unapologetic is set to hit shelves later this month.

No comments:

Post a Comment