Monday, November 5, 2012


Toni Iommi doesn't see Bill Ward back in Black Sabbath


After all of the discord over the past half-year between drummer Bill Ward and Black Sabbath, it looks as if the door may be closed to the original drummer participating in any future activities with the band.

Guitarist Toni Iommi spoke with Eric Blair at BlaringOut.com on Ward, saying "We'll always have a heart for Bill but I think it's gone past that now because it's gone on so long that I don't see that happening at the moment. Maybe at some point we might, you know."

Ward said in early October "I love playing with Terry, Oz and Tony. When Tony opens up with huge chords I still get the same shiver up my back that I got when we were 18-year-old kids. It ain't gone away; it's still there."

Iommi also spoke about the upcoming Sabbath album, stating "We've written the fifteen songs and we've played them all but now, at the moment, we're recording them. We recorded them at my house, first, in England just as demos but now we're doing them for real. We're about six tracks in now at the moment." 

No comments:

Post a Comment