Thursday, November 8, 2012


Game: I got people to polls


Rapper Game helped at least 500 people vote in America's presidential election on Tuesday.
The east coast was ravaged by Hurricane Sandy and many people are still without power and transportation.
Game did his part to ensure that New York residents were able to cast their ballots in the election that saw President Barack Obama remain in office for a second term.
"The story got a little misconstrued as it flowed through the media. They tried to make it seem like I was paying people to go vote," Game explained on RapFix Live.
"The gas situation was crazy. I was in Jersey, and I didn't understand until I got into [New York City] and saw 200 cabs lined up, with cars and people out there in a walk-up line with little gas cans. So what I did was, once they opened a couple of the trains again, I just was giving people $20 because I felt that would get you to and from a poll.
"We said we were gonna keep it at $10,000 and give 500 people $20 and let them rock. We even put some people in a car service, dropped them off at polls and kept going."

No comments:

Post a Comment